Be a vital source of support for the sales team and generally help the hotel achieve its goals and objectives. The Sales & Marketing Assistant will take full responsibility to help members of the sales team with the general administrative tasks associated with customers in general. (agencies, tour operators, OTA’s / B2B’s, Groups & Events), The candidate will represent the sales and marketing department both internally and externally in an efficient and professional manner. The ideal candidate will have its own motivation, anticipate the needs of the client and the colleague, and adopt a proactive approach to solve problems.
- Degree in Administration, Tourism, Marketing or other related areas.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in Hospitality, occupying similar positions in Sales, Reservations or event planning.
- Highly developed customer service capabilities and strong attention to detail.
- Dynamic, enthusiastic and creative that develops under pressure and is capable of performing multiple functions and solving problems when necessary.
- It must be oriented to the details, with good organizational capacity.
- Must have excellent working skills with internal and external clients.
- Must demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills in Spanish and English. The knowledge of additional languages will be highly valued.
- Skills to write communications quickly and accurately.
- Must have a great sense of sales, know how to persuade and have leadership skills, combining with a successful personality and mastery of sales closing techniques.
- Must be able to meet deadlines.
- Capacity for self-management, since the position may also require the candidate to work under pressure and meet deadlines without much supervision.
- Will be a person capable of conceiving the change, to accept the suggestions and orders of their superiors. In addition, he will control his emotions and impulses and at all times he will manifest a great spirit of service.
- It is a full-time position, versatile, practical and very busy. It is essential that the collaborator possess the following skills and attributes:
- Exceptional ability to relate to others and a correct personal / professional presentation by maintaining a correct level of dress as established in the company’s image policy.
- Understand the need to become familiar with and adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Strong customer orientation and focus on the continuous improvement of the guest experience.
- Initiative and enthusiasm for learning, participating actively in training sessions to improve personal and professional development.
- Have a deep knowledge of industry standards in reference to floor plans and spaces for events, capacities, menus, operating equipment and installation of audiovisual material.
- Organizational skills to obtain maximum productivity within the working day.
- Configure new rate plans & packages precisely in the Property Management System (PMS) and Sales & Catering module (S & C).
- Provide maintenance support for room rates in the Synxis CRS, Extranets OTA’s hotel systems.
- Regularly update the hotel databases with new contacts (travel agencies, PR, and press, international tourism offices) to load the Revinate Marketing module.
- Support sales management and senior management in the preparation of appointment reports, calls made and business opportunities.
- Organize Inspection and Fam Trips visits, as needed, and consistently communicate to the operations team the special characteristics of each visit, to ensure that all the details and agreed services are delivered in a precise manner so that the service reaches and exceeds the expectations of each of the visitors or partners.
- Assist in the evaluation of group requests, verify availability, prepare and send group proposals, weddings and events to individuals, local/foreign travel agencies.
- Assist in the preparation of event documentation and coordinate with the hotel departments and the client/guest ensure a high level of service through the actions prior to the event, during the event and after the operation thereof.
- Support the development and execution of experiences and offers aimed at the Wedding & MICE segment (Meetings – Incentives – Conventions – Exhibitions).
- Ensure accurate and timely updates in the block registry and that all potential customers are tracked and tracked.
- Assist in the loading of room blocks, group space and event requirements in the Opera system.
- Assist in the administrative tasks of the S & M department, including follow-up to payments to suppliers.
- Communicate effectively with clients, to ensure a complete understanding of the needs of guests, identify areas of opportunity for future business and promote repeat visits.
- Maintain inventory of hotel visuals, brochures and merchandising, and coordinate orders with suppliers as necessary.
- Regularly supervise the content, description and photos of the hotel on tour operator websites, OTA’s and agencies, and manage updates and corrections.
- Assist Communications in the creation of promotional e-mail marketing campaigns aimed at the segment of travel agents and tour operators.
- Actively promote the up-selling of the products and services of Eden Roc Cap Cana, especially the restaurants and the Spa, and the activities of the Cap Cana destination through various channels, especially the e-mail marketing platform.
- Accurate and timely updating of the Sales & Marketing Action Plan and exchange agreement control document.
- Keep up to date the physical file of tour operator contracts, marketing agreements, advertising and distribution.
- Update the Sales Trip Planner as required, prepare materials for sales trips and assist in tracking sales visits.
- Be educated and aware of trends in the hotel industry. Continually explore opportunities for professional development.
- Comply with the procedure standards of the Sales & Marketing department.
- Apply the policies set by company standards, without for this reason ceasing to use the criteria that experience has given.
- Have a deep knowledge about the mission, vision and values of Solaya Hotels & Resorts and Relais & Châteaux, and Eden Roc Boutique Suites & Beach Club products and services, in order to give potential and existing customers accurate information Professional and timely manner.
- Act as an ambassador for the Eden Roc Cap Cana brand at all times and to ensure the values of the company are kept informed of external and internal contacts, through appropriate behavior and performance.
- Other tasks as assigned by the Sales & Marketing Management or the Hotel Management.
All employees must realize this fact and be aware that sometimes it may be necessary to change an employee from their usual shift based on the needs of the operation. Sometimes, due to lack of operation, it may be necessary to reduce work hours or gives days off without salary benefits. This may change depending on the needs of the operation. Working hours during the weekend are part of this position.