Groups May Tailor Experience with Local Cultural Offerings, Culinary Education and More
PUNTA CANA, DOMINICAN REPUBLIC – April 3, 2014 – Eden Roc at Cap Cana, Relais & Châteaux’s first property in the Dominican Republic, has launched a variety of extraordinary travel experiences catered specifically to groups visiting the resort. Targeting both leisure and MICE travelers, the new programs afford various groups, such as multigenerational family reunions, destination weddings, small meetings and incentive groups, the ability to experience the sights, sounds and tastes of Eden Roc at Cap Cana and the Dominican Republic.
The new offerings were designed to reflect the resort’s inspiration of the French and Italian Rivieras and the tropical setting of the Caribbean while offering unique bonding and team-building experiences. Groups visiting Eden Roc at Cap Cana may add any of the following experiences to their stay:
- Cultural Market – Let the resort bring the Dominican Republic to you. For guests that prefer to stick to their lounge chair during vacation and opt out of visiting the local town, the resort is able to create a cultural market featuring vendors and artisans selling their goods, including jewelry, art, souvenirs, and more.
- Merengue and Bachata Music Lessons – Guests are invited to tap into their musical side and learn the instruments typically heard in Dominican merengue and bachata. Guests will work with instructors to learn the basics of the maracas, tambora, and guira, among other instruments (perhaps with a few dance moves too). After the lesson, the group will attempt their first music performance for their fellow guests.
- Boost with Juice – highlighting the current juicing craze seen in the U.S., the resort will create a pop-up juice bar perfect for meeting breaks, morning gatherings or afternoon pick-me-ups. Guests will select from regional Caribbean fruit and vegetables to create healthy juices on the spot.
- Olive Oil and Vinegar Education and Tastings – The resort’s signature restaurant Mediterraneo celebrates the flavors of the Mediterranean. Executive Chef Gianluca Re Fraschini has curated an offering of 30 different extra virgin olive oils from Spain, Turkey, Morocco, Italy, France, Tunisia, Israel, and Greece as well as 10 vinegars from Modena, Champagne, Pommery, and Grenache. This hands-on culinary class will educate guests on the differences between each region, best tips on purchasing and how to use them while cooking.
- One Dish, Two Ways Cooking Class – Guests will learn how to make a traditional Dominican dish, such as sancocho, mangú, or pollo guisado, and then how to execute the same dish with a Mediterranean twist.
These new offerings may also be combined with existing group activities, including golf outings at the Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Course at Punta Espada, spa treatments at Solaya Spa, and with local partners Scape Park at Cap Cana (zip line eco adventures, hoyo azul eco tour, and cave expeditions) and Gray Line (cigar factory tours, MINI Cooper tours and deep sea fishing).
Prices for the activities are available upon request and are determined by number of participants. To learn more about booking group business at Eden Roc at Cap Cana, please contact the resort’s events specialist Mrs. Ana Luisa Rivas at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on Eden Roc at Cap Cana’s new group experiences please visit, 1.809.469.7469 or visiting https://www.edenroccapcana.com/.
About Eden Roc at Cap Cana
Redefining luxury in the Dominican Republic, Eden Roc at Cap Cana, the premier property by Solaya Hotels & Resorts, consists of 34 freestanding suites that offer its jet-setting guests an unprecedented level of intimate luxury that personifies glamour. Eden Roc at Cap Cana privileges to spoil further with extravagant amenities such as the resort’s full service spa, golf course at Punta Espada, Caletón Beach Club, Koko Kids Club, five diverse culinary selections and more. The resort was named to Conde Nast Traveler’s 2013 Hot List, Travel + Leisure’s 2014 IT List and joined the prestigious Relais & Chateaux in November 2013.
About Solaya Hotels & Resorts
Solaya Hotels & Resorts is a privately held company with its main interest in the development of ultra-luxurious boutique hotels. Eden Roc at Cap Cana will be the first luxury resort from the group and will set the vision and tone for the company’s future growth within the hospitality industry. Solaya was born from the passion and quest for excellence of its founders, who have created a unique concept of intimate luxury.