The recently-ranked #1 resort in Punta Cana, Eden Roc Cap Cana, is bringing the Adirondacks to its Caribbean shores for a series of curated culinary experiences this April 6-9, 2022. Executive Chef Loïc Leperlier of The Point resort will bring the resort’s signature communal style dining to the only Relais & Châteaux in the Dominican Republic, joining Eden Roc’s very own Chef Adriano Venturini for a collaborative gastronomy journey that celebrates the best of both properties.
Eden Roc Cap Cana has a diverse culinary program helmed by Chef Venturini, with various restaurants onsite each with their own distinctive personality that is celebrated through striking décor and unique curated menus. From the property’s signature fine-dining restaurant Mediterraneo to the convivial beachside La Palapa and all-day BLUE Bar & Grill, each experience is complemented by an unparalleled setting that will be activated through this partnership.
The Point is an 11-room all-inclusive Relais & Châteaux resort in the Adirondacks in New York. Originally built as a Great Camp for William Avery Rockefeller II, The Point offers guest an intimate “house party” atmosphere complete with communal wine-paired dinners, daily cocktail parties and self-service bars sprinkled throughout the property. The Point comes to Eden Roc Cap Cana in April while their own kitchen undergoes a long-awaited renovation that will be unveiled this summer. The historic kitchen has served The Point since the 1930s and its new design will enhance the creativity of Chef Loïc Leperlier and his team, while preserving beloved amenities such as a vintage General Electric refrigerator from 1932. With the redesign underway, Chef Leperlier will be bringing The Point’s culinary heritage to Eden Roc Cap Cana’s tables, and this will be the only opportunity to experience a taste of The Point while the property undergoes these kitchen updates.
“We are looking forward to welcoming Chef Loïc Leperlier this April to our beachfront oasis and introducing our guests to the communal and extravagant dining experience for which The Point is known,” says Managing Director at Eden Roc Cap Cana Stefano Baratelli. “The multi-day experience will capture the flavors of our resort and pair them with the exceptional talent of Chef Leperlier, who has created a unique gastronomy program in the Adirondacks.”
“I’m honored to be collaborating with Chef Venturini to bring a taste of The Point to Eden Roc Cap Cana,” said Chef Loïc Leperlier. “From our nightly communal dinners to our signature barbeque lunches every Saturday, The Point’s culinary heritage is built on community and coming together. This collaboration with Chef Venturini and Eden Roc underscores The Point’s longtime dining traditions, while celebrating my friendship and shared culinary ethos with Chef Venturini.”
Chef Leperlier’s professional tenure has included Michelin Star restaurants and Five-Star resorts in Europe and French Polynesia where he perfected his farm-to-table philosophy. His style of cooking combines French cuisine with his Réunion roots accented by Indian, African and Chinese influences, all of which he will bring to the plates of Eden Roc Cap Cana.
This lavish mix of events is designed to encourage guests to indulge in The Point’s iconic culinary offerings as they please, whether it be the decadent nightly experiences or a day-time casual meal. After years of a closely connected professional relationship and friendship, Chefs Leperlier and Venturini are thrilled to come together for four days of spectacular dining beside the waves and beneath the stars, a long-time dream finally realized at Eden Roc Cap Cana.
The April program consists of four evenings with curated menus spread across the property’s elegant, Mediterranean-reminiscent restaurants — La Palapa, BLUE Bar & Gril, and Mediterraneo. The program will end in a spectacular dinner and wine event where Chef Leperlier and Chef Venturini serve up their best dishes in a collaborative menu.
The program schedule includes the following:
- Wednesday, April 6: The chef residency will kick off with a private, romantic dinner on the pristine shoreline. Chef Leperlier will prepare a special private menu with premium wine pairing that will be set up on the beach | From 7:00 p.m.
- Thursday, April 7: Enjoy The Point’s signature family-style BBQ on the pool deck and outdoor terrace at BLUE Bar & Grill. The menu will include Point-style fried chicken, smoked brisket, whole fish, beef chili, onion rings, truffle mac and cheese and more. | From 7:00 p.m.
- Friday, April 8: Chef Leperlier brings The Point’s famed communal dining set up to the BLUE Bar & Grill for a private group (up to 16 guests). Guests dining will have a front row seat to the festivities, as Chef serves up the four-course menu in a unique way as he takes over the open demo kitchen at the restaurant. | From 7 p.m. | Maximum 16 Guests
- Saturday, April 9: Join us for the final night at Mediterraneo, where a special food and wine event awaits, featuring a collaborative four-hands dinner by Chef Leperlier and Chef Venturini, including a premium wine pairing menu. Featured dishes will include prawn bisque “cappuccino,” kataifi wrapped lamb loin with babaganoush, dukkha, morels, heirloom carrots and cumin jus and roasted pineapple with tres leches ice cream and cake. | From 7 p.m.
- April 6 – April 9: As an additional feature of the collaboration, Chef Leperlier will be recreating The Point’s signature specials all week, available à la carte for lunch at La Palapa and for dinner at Mediterraneo.
Read full story on the Food and Beverage Magazine website