SANTO DOMINGO OUT OF TIME
Dominican Republic nation’s capital, Santo Domingo is also the first European-style city built in the New World.
Stroll on the cobblestoned historic area named Zona Colonial and look up to admire the first Cathedral Santa María La Menor from the 16th century. History aficionados and gourmet lovers will enjoy the place where heavenly native rum, chocolate and coffee perfume the air.
This private guided tour includes the city’s most notable monuments with authentic Dominican meals at staff-selected local restaurants.
- Santo Domingo was founded in 1496 by Bartholomew Columbus
- The ‘’Zona Colonial’’ is listed as a UNESCO World Heritage site
- The vibrant metropolis is a 2.5 hours car ride from Eden Roc at Cap Cana
Altos De Chavón
FEEL IT ALL AT ALTOS DE CHAVÓN
Explore a 16th century-style village at Altos de Chavón in the heart of the Dominican countryside and admire its breathtaking views of the Chavón River and the Caribbean Sea.
Meticulously designed by Dominican architect and Italian master designers and cinematographers, every detail of Altos de Chavón was handcrafted by local artisans showcasing their unique creations from pottery to weaving in galleries-boutiques.
- A must-see roman-styled amphitheater
- An archeological museum offering a glimpse into the fascinating history of the area
- The precious St. Stanislaus Church
- 1 hour car ride from Eden Roc at Cap Cana
If you would like more information or wish to book any Cultural Delights , please contact us and we will be happy to assist.