In a world where gender inequality and discrimination are widespread, Eden Roc at Cap Cana is committed to be part of social change. With six out of thirteen of our top department managers being women, Eden Roc continues to prioritize: promotion of gender equality and defend woman’s job empowerment.
Situated on the eastern tip of Dominican Republic, an island where still only 56% of women of working-age are part of the labour force – most of which are in either vulnerable or lower positions, (in comparison: 83% of men) – Eden Roc aims to be a flagship for the region.
Today, Thursday March 8th, as the world celebrates International Women’s Day through an array of mediums to highlight global gender struggles, Eden Roc at Cap Cana is joining the movement by bringing to light its #WomenInManagement and continuing to strive for workplace gender-equality – both in the Caribbean and beyond.
Our female managers throughout the resort are keen to promote this commitment and we are proud to showcase our wonderful staff and the great work they do for us:
- Roquelindia Oliveira, our Pastry Chef who is devoted to her culinary art.
- Carla Luta, the restaurant manager for La Palapa, who is constantly on deck coordinating team and suppliers and deeply dedicated to ensuring guests have the best experience.
- Olga Myronova, our Front Office Manager, who ensures each guest has a wonderful welcome and Eden Roc at Cap Cana’s getaway.
- Samira Muñoz, Executive Concierge who strives to offer each of our guest customized care.
- Juliana Cordones, our Sales & Marketing Manager, who works hard to seek trends, partnership and strategies to best meet Eden Roc at Cap Cana’s aim to be the most exclusive paradise in Dominican Republic.
- Milagros Solimán, our Human Resources Manager, who works behind the scenes to ensure the proper functioning of the Eden Roc at Cap Cana’s team.
International Women’s Day is an opportunity to empower women in all settings and realize their full potential. Today, voices are raised and Eden Roc at Cap Cana is joining the common voice.